Monday, November 22, 2010
Saturday, November 13, 2010
My local craft store (GeeGee's) has many talented ladies who make samples for Gayle. The other day I was in the store and saw the cutest paper pumpkin made by Jackie. So I came right home and tried my hand at making them.
Friday, November 12, 2010
|The inside of the organizer is full of places to make lists, keep coupons, an envelope for stamps, and the ability to customise the organizer to each persons needs. This was a fun class to teach and even more fun to find ways to use each pocket.|
Sunday, October 17, 2010
I started with very large paper (12"x18") and folded it to 4 1/2"x6". On the cover I used Hero Arts Stamps and Studio 490.
The paper is glossy and hard to stamp on because it will smear if not given enough time to dry. I hardly ever have the patience to wait. These two pages especially had to be adjusted to cover the smears.
|Fold into 8 section and cut as shown.|
|Pinch the center folds and pull away from the center.|
|The pages start to form and a book emerges.|
|Two pages are floppy because they are folded at the top and the sides are edges. I like to glue these pages together or in this case I used tabs to keep the pages looking neat. Hopefully this makes sense.|
Monday, October 11, 2010
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
The frame was painted black. Black Bazzill Dotted Swiss paper was cut out and glued to the front.
Then the frame was decorated with the paper flowers I showed using Tim Holtz's flower die and Distress Inks.
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Wanting to showcase 2 of my 3 beautiful granddaughters I chose a Maya Road mini chipboard album. Using paint, Melissa Frances and 7 gypsies (6x6) paper each page was covered.
This page has a piece of lace over the M.F. paper with the picture mounted on the lace. A Maya Road crystal dangles from this page.
The swirls, wings, birds, and crowns were covered with Distress Stickes (Rock Candy) after being painted white. The effect was soft and very pretty but unfortunately does not show up in the picture.
Look closely at the picture. You will see my grandson Sean laying across my sons lap patiently waiting for the girls to finish trying on pretty dresses. The challenge on this page was pleating the ribbon. I ended up using Fabric-tac.
This was a fun book to put together. My goal was to make it look as femine as Megan and Alayna.